The RMS yearbook is created by and for the students at Rye Middle School. The yearbook is created during the first half of the year, and it is usually distributed right before final exam week in June. The yearbook is created digitally; if parents wish to submit candids and/or 8th grade baby pictures, please email them to Mr. Gouveia, the yearbook advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Baby pictures are due by October 31st. Please note that all submitted pictures may not be included in the yearbook due to space restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions About the RMS Yearbook
1. When is Picture Day?
Picture Day will take place on Monday, October 15 during your child's gym class. Picture Retake Day is on Wednesday, November 28 during your child's lunch period. If your child wishes to have his/her picture retaken, please send back your original photos!
2. What if my child is absent for Picture Day?
The photographer will return to RMS to take photos of students absent on Picture Day. For your child to be included in this year's yearbook, your child must be in attendance for one of the two picture days.
3. Who is the photography company that took pictures for the Yearbook and how can I contact it?|
Student pictures and sports team pictures are taken by Images Photography of New Rochelle, New York. Parents will receive order forms at Back to School Night (look for our student volunteers!) and in the Guidance Office after October 5. Parents can also order their child's pictures through the company's website, www.imagesfotos.com.
4. How can I purchase a yearbook?
Log on to www.jostens.com and follow the prompts to purchase your child's yearbook. Starting price is $35 plus tax until October 26, 2018.
After October 26, 2018, the price increases to $40 plus tax. After January 4, 2019, the price increases to $45 plus tax. Yearbook sales close on March 1, 2019. After this date, yearbooks can no longer be ordered. We will have several extra yearbooks for purchase at the end of the year, but please know that these cannot be reserved and are available on a first come-first served basis when yearbook sales begin in June.
5. When does the Yearbook Club meet?
The Yearbook Club meets on Tuesday mornings in Room 149A. Come by at any time and join the club! Any student can participate in Yearbook Club, and we are always looking for energetic and creative students to help make the yearbook spectacular.
6. How can I submit baby pictures for my 8th grader?Baby pictures can be emailed to Mr. Gouveia at email@example.com. The deadline for submission of baby pictures is October 31. Parents are also permitted to submit candids of their 8th grade student and their child's friends, so if you have photos from a sleepover, holiday party, or summer vacation, please feel free to email those to Mr. Gouveia as well. Please send these pictures no later than December 31.