- Midland School
Google Classroom K-5
September 4, 2020
Dear Elementary Parents/Guardians,
I hope all is well. As we begin our official move to the Hybrid learning environment, I wanted to take a moment to remind you that students in grades K-5 will be using Google Classroom as their primary Learning Management System. To assist your child in accessing Google Classroom for the first time this year, please follow the steps below.
1. Open your browser and navigate to classroom.google.com. Please note that Google Classroom runs best from a Google Chrome browser.
2. To log-in to Google Classroom, please type in your child’s Rye City School District Google account information.
- Example: lastname.firstname.last2-
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The password for all students at the beginning of the year is: Password2020
- Students will be prompted to make a new password
- The new password must contain at least 8 characters, one capital letter, and one special character.
- Please email your child’s classroom teacher directly with your child’s updated Google password to ensure that students can access Google Applications when they are in school.
3. Next, you may assist your child in joining our Classroom by:
- clicking on the + sign in the upper-right corner and selecting join class. Next, enter our class join code ___________
- selecting the blue join button that will appear on their Google Classroom Card when you enter the Google Classroom.
4. The links below correspond to your child’s Google Classroom specials. If they have not been invited to the classroom already, please join the class by typing in the class code (click on links below). Each code will have to be typed in one at a time.
5. Please keep in mind that teachers will be posting daily work in the classroom. If your child has questions about the work, they can leave a comment in Google Classroom for the teacher to respond to.
6. To learn more about how to best navigate and make the most of Google Classroom, click here for an additional support resource for parents. We have also included a Google Meet Etiquette document (K-2 & 3-5) with information about how to use this video conferencing tool safely and appropriately. You should review this document with your student.
Thank you for your help and support as we begin this new experience together. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions: email@example.com or complete the parent help desk Google form.
Dr. Kaitlyn Sassone
RCSD Director of Technology/CIO