- Rye City School District
RMS 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony
June 8, 2021
Dear RMS 8th Grade Families:
I am pleased to announce that we will host an in-person Moving Up Ceremony for the 8th-grade class! The ceremony will take place on the back field at RMS on Friday, June 25th; there is no rain date. The event will also be live-streamed using the LocalLive network (additional information to follow). The ceremony, which should last no longer than one hour, will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m.
There will be a mandatory moving up ceremony rehearsal for all 8th graders participating in the ceremony on Thursday, June 24th, in the RMS Gym at 10:30 am. If your child is not able to attend the rehearsal and/or the Moving Up Ceremony, please email Mr. DiGiovanni as soon as possible. This information is necessary for planning purposes.
All 8th graders should meet in the RMS Gym at 9:00 a.m on Friday, June 25th. Students must complete the health assessment form before arriving at school for the ceremony.
To maximize space on the back field, each 8th grader will be assigned two guest tickets per student. Chairs will be arranged so students will be separated from each other by six feet. The back field will be divided into thirds (for Teams R-M-S). The students’ chair groupings will be arranged in alphabetical order according to your child’s team. All guests must know their 8th grader’s assigned team and be prepared to be seated in the designated team section before the ceremony begins. Guests of each student will sit directly behind each team section.
To conduct a safe, secure, organized, and enjoyable event for everyone, we must adhere to a number of Department of Health (DOH) requirements for all attendees. We cannot make exceptions. Please review the list below to help with your planning.
- Guests must adhere to the admission requirements listed below. Please see “Admission Requirements Under COVID-19”
- All guests (2 per student) must sit in their designated team section
- Due to the limits on capacity per the DOH, two tickets will be distributed to each family after the COVID entry requirements have been completed.
- Entry is by ticket only, and tickets are distributed to attendees upon completion of the requirements set under NYS COVID-19 regulations.
- As per NYS regulations, wearing a face mask outdoors on school grounds is optional for the duration of the ceremony.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS UNDER COVID-19
Admission is by ticket only. To be admitted to the ceremony, ticket holders must present evidence of the following:
- A negative PCR test collected within 72 hours of the event
- Proof of having completed the COVID-19 vaccination series or single dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine by June 11 (14 days prior to June 25)
- Proof of a prior positive test for COVID-19 within the last 3 months
- Proof of a negative antigen test within 6 hours of the event.
Prior to picking up your tickets, you must complete the following Google Form to upload your COVID-19 admission requirement information. In order to complete the form, parents must use their child’s RCSD Google login credentials. After submitting the form, parents/guardians may pick up their tickets starting on June 14-June 18 between 3:15 p.m and 4:30 p.m. We will have a table in front of the RMS entrance with visible signage for ticket pick-up. If you are unable to complete the Google Form, please bring your admission requirement documentation to the same table on June 14-18 and we will assist you in completing the admission process. If you are not able to pick up your tickets at this time, an additional pick-up window will be Monday, June 21st from 3:15-4:30 p.m.
For situations in which a person is unable to complete the admission requirements in advance, Rye City School District will provide a day of event, on-site, COVID-19 rapid test service on the morning of June 25. District testing will begin at 6:00 a.m and will conclude at 8:30 a.m.
- Parking is available in the snow lot on Boston Post Road across from Nugent Stadium.
- There is one designated entrance for the Moving Up ceremony. Ticket holders must enter the back field entrance located by the rear faculty parking lot of RMS. Please do not access the ceremony by any other entrance.
- Seats may not be reserved.
- No food is allowed in the back field area.
- Shoes with any type of spiked heel may not be worn on the back field for safety purposes.
SEATING AND PARKING FOR GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
There will be a designated seating section to accommodate guests with disabilities. Should anyone in your party be in need of handicapped parking and/or seating, please contact Daniela Vitiello at 914-967-6100, ext. 2901, in advance of the event. Guests needing handicapped parking accommodations must enter the RMS parking lot on Parsons Street. You should be prepared to show your handicapped parking permit to the security guard who will direct you to the appropriate parking area. Parking spaces are reserved for vehicles displaying a handicapped license plate and/or parking placard issued by a municipality. Entry to the Moving Up Ceremony will be via the rear faculty parking lot.
Please let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me at digiovanni.joseph@ryeschools.