- Rye City School District
2021 Rye Harrison Football Game Saturday, October 2, at 3:30 p.m.
September 29, 2021
Dear Rye Families:
It is with pleasure that I invite you to watch the 2021 Rye Harrison Football game on Saturday, October 2, at 3:30 PM, at Harrison High School’s McGillicuddy Stadium.
We ask for your assistance and cooperation to help uphold and maintain the great tradition of competition and sportsmanship that is a hallmark of this storied rivalry.
The following is a list of expectations and information that we hope you will find helpful in preparation for game day. As always, we thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to a great game.
Rye Harrison Football Game: Saturday, October 2, 2021 Time: 3:30 PM
- The game will be live-streamed free of charge for the wider Rye and Harrison communities on the LocalLive network and can be viewed by clicking on https://events.locallive.tv/school/rye-hs Please share this information with anyone who may want to watch the game.
- Gates will open and tickets will go on sale at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 2nd, at Harrison High School.
- There will be limited parking at the high school. Additional parking will be provided at 550 and 600 Mamaroneck Ave. Shuttle buses will be provided.
- Ticket Price: $5.00 for adults and children ages 5 and older; children under the age of 5 will be admitted free of charge.
- Children must be supervised at all times. We are expecting a large crowd and everyone’s cooperation is needed to ensure safety.
- No coolers, bottles, or outside drinks are permitted. Refreshments will be available for purchase on-site.
- The Harrison High School campus is alcohol, drug, and smoke-free. The Harrison Police Department will be on-site to help enforce these rules. Anyone who is in violation may be subject to removal from the property.
Reminders for this game (and all athletic events):
- No banners/signs/fatheads (photo - player likenesses)
- No face paint
- No coolers
- No open containers or beverages of any sort
- No backpacks (all bags are subject to search)
- No horns, noisemakers, etc.
- No dogs or other pets
The JV football game will be played at Rye High School on Monday, October 4th, at 4:30 PM. On behalf of the varsity football team and the entire Garnet family, I encourage you to watch the game and to join us in proudly representing Rye in all the activities surrounding this long-standing but friendly athletic rivalry.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and support!
Susan Reid Dullea
Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics
Spectator Code of Conduct
The Physical Education and Athletic Departments recognize the role of Interscholastic Athletics in defining ethical behavior and developing personal character in our students. Therefore, we ask that all spectators:
Demonstrate a high degree of sportsmanship.
- Show team support by making only positive comments.
- Show respect for the judgment of coaches, officials and referees.
- Acknowledge fields, courts and equipment as the player’s domain during contests. Spectators remain within designated areas.
- Monitor the safety of children in bleachers and stands.
- Respect the law: all public schools are smoke-free, substance free environments.
- Athletic contests on/off campus are an extension of the classroom. Therefore, all school rules are in effect!
Our school district supports relationships that are based on trust, decency and fairness. Rye athletic contests are held in the spirit of healthy competition and good sportsmanship. We expect cooperation and respect by all athletes and spectators at home and away contests. Remember that you are a representative of Rye!