- Rye Middle School
RMS Drop Off/Pick Up
April 27, 2021
Dear Rye Middle School Parents/Guardians,
I hope you and your family are well. Rye Middle School and Rye High School students have been back to fully in-person school for six weeks now, and we are thrilled to report that students love being back in school. As more students return to both buildings, morning drop-off is becoming a concern. In order to keep students safe when they are dropped off, we ask that parents, guardians, and caregivers use the drop-off zones in front of the high school for both middle and high school students. Please do not double park on Parsons Street and look for direction from the traffic guard. Parents should drop their children off by 7:45 a.m. at the latest for an 8:00 a.m. school start time.
I would like to thank the RMS parents for bringing drop-off concerns to my attention. I have been working with John Hawkins, the RCSD Coordinator of Security, to help make morning drop-offs and afternoon pick-ups as safe as possible. Mr. Hawkins will also be working with the City-hired traffic guards to ensure a more efficient traffic flow.
Please see below for a few reminders about drop-off and pick-up.
- Parents must continue to complete the online daily health assessment form every morning. It would be best if students have a copy of the “green thumbs up” ready to show on their phones or printed out.
- Students can enter RMS as early as 7:30 a.m.
- Please use the drop-off zones on Parsons Street in front of the high school.
- Students must use the marked pathways created at the start of the year to enter the building through their designated grade-level entrances.
- For safety reasons, the RMS parking lot will only be open for faculty/staff parking; please do not attempt to drive up to the front of the building unless your student needs mobility assistance.
- Please make sure that your child is charging his or her Chromebook device each evening.
- At 3:00 p.m., all students will be dismissed following their mandatory X-period. (Students will be dismissed at 2:32 p.m. on Fridays as there is no X-period that day). They will exit the building out of designated doors around the school; please make every effort to be on time if you pick up your child.
- Students who participate in modified sports and clubs will be permitted to stay after school under staff supervision.
- The MS parking lot will be closed after school to all vehicles. It will be reopened by security once RMS students exit the campus.