- 2021-2022 COVID-Related Communications in Chronological Order
- 2020-2021 COVID-Related Communications in Chronological Order
- RCSD COVID-19 Surveillance Testing Program
- Test-to-Stay Program
- Increased Mental Health
- Parent Focus Group Videos
- Reopening Survey Results
- Reopening Coffee Videos, Schedules & Information
A Community Message from the Superintendent: 12/6/21
Dear RCSD Community,
Due to an increased number of COVID-19 cases in the District, for the time being, I will be sending out one notification of positive cases to the community each night, rather than sending individual school notifications. As a reminder, you can see the complete log of notifications on the COVID page of the District’s website.
The District was informed today of the following individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Two individuals at Rye High School - one was last in school on December 2 and one on December 3. No additional school-related contact tracing or quarantining required
- Two individuals at Rye Middle School - one was last in school on December 3 and one on December 6. No additional school-related contact tracing or quarantining required
- Four individuals at Midland School - one was last in school on November 24 and three were last in school on December 3. No additional school-related contact tracing or quarantining required
- One individual at Milton School - last in school today, December 6. All individuals required to quarantine have been contacted by the District via telephone
- One individual at Osborn School - last in school on December 2. No additional school-related contract tracing or quarantining required
The individuals are currently in quarantine. Due to federal health privacy laws, additional information about the individuals cannot be released.
The uptick in cases we are seeing is consistent with what is happening in neighboring schools and communities. Please be assured that we will continue to do everything in our power to keep the Rye City School District community safe.
Eric Byrne, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools